Personal injury claims are an increasing source of negligence claims against solicitors. The two main mistakes made by personal injury lawyers are:
- not making a claim in time (not issuing court proceedings within the three year limitation period) and, more commonly,
- settling a claim for less than it was worth (under settlement).
Under-Settled Personal Injury Claims
- Was your claim settled quickly/within months of the accident?
- Were you pressured or forced to use a particular law firm? Did you feel that you had no real choice of solicitor?
- Did your insurance company suggest you use one of its panel firms of solicitors?
- Was the law firm in another part of the country?
- Was there no face-to-face contact with the lawyer who handled your claim?
- Did the law firm make a deduction from your damages?
- Do you still have symptoms?
- Do you/did you have problems working but did not receive any compensation for this?
If you think you recovered less compensation than you should have, and can answer ‘yes’ to one or more of the above questions, then it is certainly worthwhile speaking to us about whether your claim was under-settled and whether you may have a claim against the law firm that represented you.
You can contact us by:
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- calling us on 0121 270 5654
We act for businesses and individuals throughout all of England and Wales, from London, Bristol and Cardiff in the South, to Birmingham and Nottingham in the Midlands, and Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield and Newcastle in the North.