We can help you claim compensation if a financial product was mis-sold to you or your business.
Time and again over the last 20 years the financial services industry has been damaged by several major scandals, involving pensions, endowments, insurance and savings, to name but a few. Each scandal dented public trust and confidence, and left the financial services industry with a large compensation bill. The clean-up bill from PPI mis-selling alone is now around £11bn.
Mis-sold investments & insurance
Despite ever increasing regulation of financial services, banks, insurers and financial advisers continue to mis-sell insurance and investments to both businesses and individuals. Cases to have hit the headlines recently include:
- payment protection insurance (PPI) mis-selling
- ‘Card Protection’ and ‘Identity Protection’ policies mis-sold by Card Protection Plan Limited (CPP) to 7 million customers.
- interest rate hedging products (IRHP), known as swaps, caps, collars, and structured collars, sold to small and medium sized businesses
- sales of unregulated products, for example investments in Unregulated Collective Investment Schemes (UCIS) – including investments in European shopping centres; overseas property development schemes promoted by Harlequin Property, Stirling Mortimer, Armadillo Energy, Arck; traded life policy investments (TLPIs); fine wines, crops and timber;
- contracts for difference, forex, film partnerships and off-shore unregulated traded life-policy investments known as “death bonds”
- the LIBOR rate-rigging scandal.
Whether your mis-selling claim will be straightforward or complex depends on a number of factors, particularly: the nature of the investment or insurance involved; how experienced you were in financial matters; and how it was sold to you. We can help you understand your legal position and what potential claims you might have against financial practitioners.
If you believe a financial product was missold to you, call us now on 0121 270 5654 for a free, no obligation discussion with a solicitor who specialises in claims about mis-sold investments and insurance.
We act for businesses and individuals throughout all of England and Wales, from London, Bristol and Cardiff in the South, to Birmingham and Nottingham in the Midlands, and Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield and Newcastle in the North.